- Subscribing is possible both individually and as a couple.
- You are advised to bring comfortable clothes and shoes with slippery soles (not rubber) to our lessons.
- Cant’ find the information you are looking on this page? Then don’t hesitate to contact us.
Mondays in Utrecht (start: 28 januari 2019)
- Venue: Cultureel centrum Het Wilde Westen; Cereolfabriek, Utrecht
- U-pas: discount possibility contact ‘het Wilde Westen’
- 19.30-20.30: Beginners course
- 20.30-22.00: Walk-in class for couples: Tango, milonga and waltz (tango vals) for all levels.
Please contact State of Tango if you like to join the walk-in class, so we can plan the class and you can be sure the lesson won’t be cancelled. The walk-in class is also open for couples of two leaders or two followers who want to practice the other role or regular couples who want to learn and change roles.
Fridays in Amsterdam at Academia de Tango
- Free trial classes January 9th, 10th, 11th and 13th
- New courses at starting January 16th, 17th and 18th (With Bas & Mariyana on Friday 18th). More information on www.academiadetango.nl
- Program: Tango 1, 19.30 hrs | Tango 3/4, 20.30 hrs | Tecnica (Tango 5/6), 21.30 hrs
- Venue: Academia de Tango (Spuistraat 239B, Amsterdam; www.academiadetango.nl)
What to expect in our classes…
At State of Tango we teach tango as a social and improvised dance. Musicality, elegance, technique and fun are the cornerstones of our classes. Our comprehensive teaching method is strongly influenced by the different approaches we’ve experienced in Buenos Aires ourselves, and many (advanced) students have told us that we’ve changed their way of understanding tango…
In our beginners course you will learn the basic concepts we use in tango. In our intermediate and advanced courses we can help you become become a really good and appreciated social dancer. In our classes we strongly focus on technique and improvisation, because that’s what will help you to learn and enjoy tango under all circumstances.